SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2"-1.25" adapter extension

Moonshane

hi all

I am moving across to 2" filters and was very nervous about spending good money on them as I use a TV Powermate and Radian eyepieces, both of which have very long nosepieces. In fact they are so long they protrude beyond all three of my 2-1.25 adapters and would smash a 2" filter if not very careful.

I was going to buy a 14mm Hyperion fine tuning ring but at 14mm this was a little more than I needed and would possibly have made the filter hit the stop inside my diagonal.

I then spotted AstroBoot from Skopes N Skies which some may shudder at but their service has been really quite good. They did slightly mess one order up but they sorted it out and made a refund where appropriate and quickly.

On there they have a good selection of 48mm filters which all fit the standard threading on the inside of 2" accessories. The good thing is that the rim is only about 6mm wide which just suits my needs. I therefore ordered a couple and smashed the glass out of them. They are now permanently in situ on my adapters and I don't have to worry about forgetting and smashing a filter in the dark.

Thought this might be of interest to those with the above eyepieces but also those using long barlows with the same issues.

cheers

Shane

Archived