Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 From Last night

Attached you can find an image of M51 from last night. It was clear/ish, still quite a lot of thin cloud around in the sky. Still the seeing was good so can't complain too much.

I left my setup running during the night only to discover that it had dewed up towards the end of the night, only very lightly, but enough to effect some of my sub's.

In total this image represents approx 30min RGB binned 2x2 and 60mins of Luminescent binned 1x1. I was hoping for more than 3 hours of data, never mind...

Most of the processing was done with AstroArt and then finished with PhotoShop CS4.

I hope you like it, the final image is an LLRGB.

post-15658-133877445897_thumb.jpg

Hi Max,

The subs are 300sec for the RGB and 500sec for the luminescence etc...

The focus was good but not quite good enough, something that I'm looking to improve in the future. Still not bad going for a nights work...

Thanks for the comment, PM me with your postal address as I have found the file that you need but its 35MB.

Archived