NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anybody know about modified webcams?

Kaptain Klevtsov

My SC3 currently isn't working at all well. I've visually checked the ends of the wires and checked them with an ohmmeter and it looks good, but the thing only works intermittently. If I put it in LX mode I get black frames with random LX frames thrown in. I did a test with the camera sat on the desk nose down with one edge of the nose sat on a piece of paper to let a little light in and left it to do 70 frames at 2.5 seconds. Frames 9, 21, 28, 42 and 58 came out good but the rest were dark.

Anybody have a clue as to what might have gone wrong with it?

Also if I go into K3CCD I can set the post exposure time and the turn amp on time. I've never had to change these but wonder if they might help?

Stumped at the moment.

Captain Chaos

Just a couple of suggestions CC

Have you tried it on more than one puter in case the parallel port is misbehaving

Doh!

Parallel port is playing up on the lappy. I had to move the cam to the desk computer as I run some software on the lappy to run Picoscope where a dongle plugs into the parallel port and works as an oscilloscope. Camera worked, oscilloscope didn't.

Need to move onto a different computer, oh well that was in the plan anyway, computer in the caravan for when it gets cold out.

Thanks guys,

Captain Chaos

Archived