Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron C10/N or Orion ED-80 Imaging

I have a Celestron C10-N and an Orion ED-80 that I use in an observatory on a motorised CG-5 mount fixed to a pier with a Canon 450d - unguided. I would really appreciate some concrete guidance on which scope to use for imaging. I've searched (google) for guidance and I always get some middle of the road response - no firm guidance. I use the Canon 450d for deep sky imaging not planetary work. Thanks for any suggestons!

I think you'll find the 80ED a lot easier to image with, due to size, widefield fov & less setup time. Not to say the C10N is not appropiate for imaging. Most of my images on my site were done with a APO Refractor Unguided.

Nadeem.

Thanks for your insight on this Nadeem.

I think you're right, the ED80 will is easier to handle and the mount will probably be much more stable without all the weight of the C10 on it. It's only a CG-5 with motor drives so I can't expect too much.

Now for some clear nights.

David

Archived