NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hadley Rille - 5" Mak

Leedsgreen

Dear All,

Of all the Apollo landing sites on the moon, Hadley Rille has long been my favourite. The sheer beauty of the Apenninus range, Hadley Plain and, of course, the rille are things that I keep returning to agan and again when the lighting is right.

A while back I was advised that at least a 6" scope was necessary to image the rille, which I think is probably right. However, with some good seeing and patience on Thursday evening, I managed to capture my best attempt yet at the rille. Whilst another inch in aperture would definately help, I'm pleased at what I could see.

Skymax 127 with b&w modded SPC900NC. Processing was almost completely done in Avistack (with a little level balance at the end). Thanks for looking,

Nick

post-16684-133877443233_thumb.jpg

Hi James,

Thanks for feedback. Image is 100% (and part of a mosaic I'm slowly processing). The Hadley Rille area was taken from a total of 455 frames stacked in Avistack, with around a 60% pass rate (i.e. around 273 used). I may be wrong but whereas Registax selects whole frames I think Avistack takes the best part from each of the frames it uses, so it's hard to say, how many of the 273 selected frames were used in constructing the rille area, for example.

As ever, image drift was a problem. This time I had lateral movement (on the CCD chip) under control but drift upwards was a constant, sometime slow, other times pretty quick. Still, really happy with my set up (for what it cost)!

Cheers,

Nick

Archived