Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First M44

LunarLight

Hey guys

This is my first attempts at m45. There was some slight high level cloud in some of the photos I think but I managed to get rid of some of it in photoshop but it looks like I lost some of the colour in the process. Meh I think its ok for a first attempt ;)

Anyway its 20 x 1 min exposures, or there about's anyway. any hints or tips appreciated

m44210410.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good! If you use Photoshop have a look at Martin B's turorial on star layers. Create one, boost saturation, and see how it looks. Or there is Noel's Actions for Ps which has an Increase Star Colour action. Or (another 'or') you could just colour select the background sky in Ps, select inverse, and boost saturation.

Olly

thanks for the replies guys, I had a little fiddle with it. I am still very new at PS so its all a learning experience... are the colours any better on this one?

Also I have just had it brought to my attention that things look different on my monitor then on my girlfriends so I am not sure how they look to everyone else, too bright/dark? to much contrast or not enough? what do you reckon

m44b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived