CG4 Mount TO Goto Mount?

The CG4 mount is basically the same as a Skywatcher EQ3-2 mount I believe and there is a GOTO option for that. What I'm not sure of is whether the GOTO is available as a retro-fit option or whether the CG4 has any slight variances from the EQ3-2 making it's fitting difficult or impossible. It won't be cheap though I'm afraid - I guess you will need to budget around £300.

• 1 year later...

Peter: How has your experience been with the SynScan on the CG-4? I recently put one in. Installation was a bit difficult, since directions are minimal, and one piece was left over: a foam rubber rectangle 40x50x8mm with a strip of double-sided tape on it. (Purpose??) Operation results were mixed. Tracking is fine, both sidereal and solar. Lots of failures of 3-star alignment, for no very obvious reason, and even when successful, sometimes everything you want to look at is way off. When it does work, it works well, so the problem is probably something I'm doing. I'd love to hear input and possible tips from others who have used the upgrade kit either with the CG-4 or the EQ3-2

Evan

Archived