NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What a wonderful evening!

Evening all! :D

Well, just got back from a 30 minute walk with dog and have to say that it is one of the calmest and clearest nights here in a long time! the weatherman said it would be cloudy here all night! well he was wrong!

I think i have learned more about constellations in this one evening than the last two weeks i have spent gazing!

I only had my Bino's and a star map with me, but by star hopping and previous knowledge i managed to locate and see

Ursa Major

Leo

Orion

Ursa Minor

Canis Minor

Lynx

Cancer

Mars

Venus

M44

So all in all a good night!

Evening all! :D

I only had my Bino's and a star map with me, but by star hopping and previous knowledge i managed to locate and see

Ursa Major

Leo

Orion

Ursa Minor

Canis Minor

Lynx

Cancer

Mars

Venus

M44

So all in all a good night!

I'm envious. Where I am looking from the window of my flat: Venus, The Moon and I think Mercury. Skychart shows Mercury to be about 7 degrees from Venus.

Cheers,

Austin

Hi Austin,

Yeah, Venus mercury and Moon look fantastic together tonight! i am really lucky to live somewhere with very little LP!

Can you see anything else?

Reguards,

No I have had to call it quits - supper time!.

I need to rely upon Starchart and have just a small FOV to the West.

Cheers,

Austin

Archived