Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101,TEC140, a start...

ollypenrice

Atik 4000 one shot colour, TEC 140 and EQ6 aimed at the incomparable M101.

The EQ6 tried to make me feel better about having ordered at Tak mount at grizzly expense by refusing to dole out reliable 10 min subs. I got about 15 of them and about 70 x 5 mins, which were dead reliable. So around 8 hours so far. This is a crop.

Next, to tighten up the resolution in the core and pull out the faint stuff, will be a lot of lum and Ha in the Atik 4000 mono. But this is the story so far. Not tonight though, Josephine, because it is - hard to believe - snowing!!!

Olly

PS to Martin B; the OSC camera seems fine again now. I tried a third power supply so maybe that was it. Sorry it was out of sorts for your visit.

834503082_yLkNt-X2.jpg

Ah, snow at Les Granges, I remember it well! Looks like the Pinwheel was getting chilled as well, looks a bit blue, does the debayering need an off set?

Glad you've got the Atik problems sorted.

Thanks Martin,

I think I need to look again at my screen because others have said the same. I'll have another go at the colour. I also got accused of having over processed the stars, on the French forum, and having created artifacts around them. Beats me because I never touched them! No Unsharp mask, no nothing. They look normal to me.

Best,

Olly

Now looking on my home monitor which does the image a lot more justice. The galaxy is looking superb, the 8 hours of data showing through. The stars maybe a little burnt out, are many of them saturated?

Cheers all. Clearly my monitor is out of kilter on blue since I have had a few comments on recent images. Martin, good point abut the stars. I'll try a star layer with less data and all from the five min subs. They are not showing much colour, it's true.

Olly

Archived