Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What`s this I keep seeing ????

Brett

When its cloudy Ive been noticing that there is a small patch of sky that seems o glow differently to the normal LP glow. I can only describe this as blue/white glow about a hands widths wide. It always sits directly above our local hospital which is about 45m tall, which makes me wonder if this is the source. I don't think its LP from the hospital grounds as they have the normal orange color. I fear I might be making a fool of myself here:o but I was wondering if it may be something to do with the mass of transmitters, sat dishes and aerials that sit on masts above the hospital at around 60m ?

A very confused

Brett :)

Probably a mercury vapour light. Only the old low pressure sodium lights produce the orange colour. More modern lights have a broader (and bluer) spectrum of light. This is better for seeing things at night, but worse for trying to filter out of astronomical images...

Archived