NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lost of power to Meade LX90

Using my LX90 tonight, the external power cord got caught around one of the tripod legs and caused the telescope to stop slewing. I noticed the cable had become detached from the 3.5mm jack. I put the cable back into the jack and reconnected it to the telescope, the telescope would not work even though the power light was illuminated. Back home I have tried with internal batteries resulting in no power at all. Do I have a hand controller and/or main circuit board problem? Any advice on trying to find a fix would be most gratful as it could be a costy repair if it goes to a shop.

• 1 month later...

Exactly the same thing happened to my LX90 tonight. Now two tales of distress, any help out there please? The handset is totally lifeless, no damp issues, working one night, gone the next!

Martyn you need to make sure of the polarity of the two wires, if you reconnected them the wrong way round you will likely have blown the main board and possibly the controller. See if you can get your hands on a voltmeter and check that the supply voltage is present at the jackplug

and confirm whether polarity is correct.For Peters unit sounds like the board has blown or something has failed because it should work from batteries.

Peter

Archived