Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Chromacor ?

Have any SGL members tried an Aries Chromacor ?.

I've just managed to secure one to use with my 6" F/8 achro refractor - I did do a bit of research up front so I'm fairly confident that the one I am getting matches the correction, or under-correction in my my case, that my scope appears to have from star tests that I've done.

From the reading I've done I realise that they need some tweaking and tuning to get decent results but I'm feeling hopeful about the possibilities :)

I'd welcome any other "tips and wrinkles" from those that have used them on how to get the best from them.

I'm impressed John, I understand they're rare as rocki - something pretty rare! I hope you manage to get it working properly and hear of your impressions on it.

Just a thought, I believe Valery who is part of Aries posts on CN. Might be worth sending him a PM over there?

Tony..

I'm impressed John, I understand they're rare as rocki - something pretty rare! I hope you manage to get it working properly and hear of your impressions on it.

Just a thought, I believe Valery who is part of Aries posts on CN. Might be worth sending him a PM over there?

Tony..

Thanks Tony - good suggestion about contacting Valery through CN :)

I'm hoping to have it in time for SG5 and if I do I'll bring it and the "yard cannon" along :p

Archived