Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium & new EP

hi ppl, mitch here,, my stalarium keep freezing on the first part of the sky ... when i open it , as soon as i go to move the sky it freezes..have to do hard reboot,

Q#2: my 32mm wide field eyepiece got burned in a fire , the guy i lent it to is willing to replace it , up to 175$-225$ CAD worth (nice of him).

I need you guys to make suggestions on what you have and how you like it... heres what im looking at and remember it has to be 32mm..

Q70,SWA 70deg,

Meade Q X wide angle,

Zhumel swa 32mm

knight owl 32mm super view,

Celestron 32mm Omni Plossl,

Hyperion 32mmAspheric,

Im open to any other suggestions you may have.. thanks for helping me out...:(

In 0.10.3 and 0.10.4 we added some features to try to take advantage of more gfx hardware, but it added a lot of instability. You might get an improvement using an older rendering method.

If you still have 0.10.4 installed, edit the config file and add this line to the [main] section of the file:

use_qpaintenginegl2 = false

use_glshaders = false

the shaders line might work in 0.10.3 as well, athough the qpaint line will not have any effect for 0.10.3.

Starhunter,

Just a few thoughts.

Why go for the Celestron Omni when a Tele Vue 32mm Plössl is within your budget? It's generally held in much higher regard, and may work better in your faster 'scopes than the Omni.

The Meade Series 4000 QX happens to be a 30mm EP. In your f/10 SCT it should be fine, but in the faster (~f/5) 'scopes it would be very soft in the outer part of the FoV (at f/15 in my Mak it is tack sharp, at f/7.5 in my 'frac it already shows astigmatism and field curvature).

There have been reviews of both the W70 and the Hyperion Aspheric where the writers were left distinctly underwhelmed by them.

Don't know anything about the Zhumell or Knight Owl EPs. But a quick google leaves me with the impression that they are re-badged generic (poor/average-ish?) Chinese kit.

Alternatively, upgrade to a TV Panoptic 35mm or Nagler 31mm, paying the difference. Either should work really well in your 'scopes.

HTH

Archived