Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus and Mercury in Binos - 2nd April

DarkerSky

First time ever I have caught these two in the same FOV in any other form than with my naked eye. Well excited to track them down with my 16x50 binos last night - 2nd April

Picked up Venus at around 18.45 UT (BST -1). Mercury popped into view by 19.05 UT after looking for it too low down for most of the time!

Got a sketch to show their positions in my binos. Will try to get more sketches of them over forthcoming days as a record of their relative movement against each other.

VenusMercuryApr2.png

Excellent! Was the sky so blue? When I get to see them it's usually after sunset and the sky is generally pink and going dark.

I've not had a chance of late, due to being busy as a well trained, and rather overworked worker bee, and the cleods scuttling about like they aren't really sure of where they should be in order to best interupt my view of just about anything not earth bound.

Archived