Stellarium text problem

Does anybody else still have this problem? Since version 10.03, some of the onscreen text looks pixelated, it seems to be in bands across the screen. For example, on the left hand menu the location icon and text is fine, the time/date icon and text below is pixelated, the sky and viewing options below that, again, is pixelated. The labels for objects vary from ok to pixelated as you look down the screen and if you drag an ok label, down it's readability changes as it comes it line with a pixelated side menu item.

I've deleted previous config files and at the moment running on 10.02 quite happily. My graphics adaptor is ATI and the last time I tried an update, it said I had the latest version.

Any ideas??

Thanks for the link. I tried it out, but I'm still getting random letters plastered on the top-left corner of the screen.

Also when I do alt-tab between applications, the display doesn't recover, just like in 10.4, it scrolls a small portion of the screen. When I alt-tab to/from the application again, then it scrolls a different slice of the screen.

I think in my case it may well be the display driver. I'll dig around and try some older drivers (mine's an nVidia card)

post-16194-133877436455_thumb.jpg

OK, please try the following:

Open Stellarium's configuration file (config.ini). On Windows, it's accessible through Stellarium's folder in the Start menu.

Find the "[main]" section and add the following line below it:

use_qpaintenginegl2 = false

Then save the file and restart Stellarium.

The alt-tab thing is a known issue - when Stellarium is launched in full screen mode, it tries to stay in full-screen mode. Press F11 for windowed mode. You can set the size of the window in the configuration file (screen_h and screen_w).

my lettering is the same John and i`m using 10.4, letters on some words are ok but on others they seem to be alittle thinker along the top or sides of the letters,

but full marks to the makers i`m not moaning and think that this program is brilliant and i love using it, keep up the good work !

( wish i was as cleaver as you lot ) :(

Wow thankyou 'Mr Daggerstab' ; that sorted out the font problem on my laptop.

I how have a nice object information area at the top-left corner without broken words.

Actually the scrolling issue also happened in Windowed mode. Now with the change to the config.ini it only happens in fullscreen mode after alt-tab.

What a fantastic program though, despite a few display issues. Especially with the StellariumScope and EQMOD added on.

Hi Daggerstab

I've installed the test version 0.10.5 and it works fine, all text is clean, looks like whatever has been done has sorted it for me. Is the official release likely to be any different or shall I stick with this?

Where can I download 0.10.5 to try please?

Sorry for the lack of replies - I thought I had subscribed to this thread, but the subscription seems to have reset itself after my second post.

Hi Daggerstab

I've installed the test version 0.10.5 and it works fine, all text is clean, looks like whatever has been done has sorted it for me. Is the official release likely to be any different or shall I stick with this?

Well, yes, it will be slightly different, some bugs have been fixed after the test build. :(

Where can I download 0.10.5 to try please?

It's only an unofficial test build - it's not finished yet. The link is the same I gave above:

https://launchpad.net/stellarium/+download

The file is called stellarium-r6054-win32.exe.

Archived