NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

350D modded and photoshop problems

Hi Guys

I am after some advice from you imagers out there.

When opening a DSS Autosave.tif in photoshop CS3 i change from 32 bits/channel to 16 bits / channel.

When the HDR conversion box opens which method do you choose?

Exposure & Gamma

Highlight Compression

Equalize Histogram

or

Local Adaption

The reason i ask is i have always chosen the method Exposure & Gamma (probably because it is the top one in the box).

Opening the DSS Autosave.tif last night and processing in CS3 when i used the Exposure & Gamma method and then used levels and curves the image seemed to bring out a green tint around the edges of the image and a red tint around the central subject !!!

I then put the RAW images , darks, flats and bias frames through DSS again and this time in CS3 i chose the Equalize Histogram method which seemed to eliminate these unusal colour tints

Any views on this ??

Secondly

Which parameter setting do you gys imaged with a Canon DSLR set ?

Parameter 1

or parameter 2

For last nights imaging session i changed the setting on the camera to:

Parameter 2 (i think iread somewhere that this is the most suitable setting)

Could this have caused the problem?

Thirdly

The flats i am taking using a homemade lightbox with my modded 350D i have now (modded by filter removal) which i take purely by using the AV setting on the cameraare coming out a bright white colour.

Previously on my unmodded 350D using the same method the flats were coming out smack on what they should be like ( i.e central on the histogram)

Do i have to use adifferent approach when taking flats through my modded camera ?

all advice very much appreciated

thanks

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

I can never open the autosave file in photoshop, I get an error message.

In DSS I manualy select save image to file as a tiff and never get asked to convert anything.

Cant help with the Canon but maybe someone else can

Archived