NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Filters for Skywatcher camera adaptor?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get filters (or at least a step-up adapter so that it can take 31.7mm filters) which will fit the internal thread of the prime-focus camera adapter which fits 200P Skywatchers? i.e the thread arrowed in this pic.

I really want to be able to fit a LP filter. The thread looks to be around 36mm diameter.

Any ideas?

post-16549-133877431118_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Why not just buy a 1 1/4 inch t adapter for your camera

If thats the 2" adapter on your camera, why not buy a 2" l/p filter

Hi, many thanks. I've got all those bits, but none of the threads seem to match, and a 1.25" filter results in a lot of vignetting.

However, whilst you were posting your message, in a spare moment whilst off work nursing a sick child, I have managed to fashion the attached solution which I think will work. I thought of taking the filter out of its holder and putting it inside the T-adapter (i.e. on the camera end), and holding it in place with a clip made from a bit of coiled plastic cut from a child's flowerpot! The filter fits quite snugly, and it seems to work.

Cheers,

post-16549-133877434056_thumb.jpg

Archived