NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn

Saw Saturn last night and it was beautiful to behold again. Used my 127 MAK with Baader Hyperions, firstly 24 MM, then 13mm and managed the 8mm and finally the 5mm and even then nice clear views of the belts and rings. That too when the moon was close!!

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't expecting a clear sky last night but the clouds parted around 8pm. Allowing for food and cooling down the telescope, I was out just after 9pm, although I had to wait until closer to midnight for Saturn to clear the house and the band of light pollution.

It was well worth the wait for a lovely clear view of Saturn, it's rings, Titan and one other moon. I was able to get a clear view through my (new) 7.5mm EP, just about making out the separation between rings and planet. Adding the Barlow was pushing things a bit too far.

And then it was 1.30am and I realised I'd spent most of the time viewing Saturn. And I'll do the same again tonight if conditions allow.

Dave

Archived