NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

R A is broken

i was just looking at the moon and moved my R A flexy cable and my scope stayed still. it moves half a turn then a little grip and then nothing :) i treat it like its made of glass so i know i havent damaged it. can anyone tell me what i may have done or better, how i might fix it? my baby is hurt..... please help :crybaby2:thanks to all for your help,

john

Two things to check. Has the slow motion cable become loose on the RA drive shaft and the cable just going around ? Second, is the RA clutch locked down.

Peter

if by clutch you mean lock knob, then yep, its tight and secure. i havn`t got a goto unit on it, its all manual. there are severall allen key bolts on the piece but they seem tight, to my fingers anyhow..

john

there are severall allen key bolts on the piece but they seem tight, to my fingers anyhow..

You're going to have to find a hex key & try them - one is slipping for sure. At a guess the one at the mount end of the flexi cable.

Archived