Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Powerpack

Hi all

Just thought I'd let you see the power box which I've made and then upgraded a little hopfully to make it better and safer. I've mounted it on to the front of my dob. It can be charged with a 12 volt charger or a car battery.

It can also be removed by just lifting it of the scope, i put a timer in it so it will charge for 30 minutes and then cut out, so i dont have to watch over it.

All in all it cost around £25.00 The battery being the most expenive. I got the battery from a company who just deals in batterys, I hope to put a wiring diagram on stargazers soon so you can copy it.

It run's the cooling fan and the synscan hand control as well as the two motors, I've had it running for 3 hours and the battery still has a lot of power left, so I hope you like it.

IMGP0947.jpg

Fully mounted on the scope.

IMGP0946.jpg

IMGP0944.jpg

Testing the voltage.

IMGP0942.jpg

Charging from the mains. The green button is the timer button.

IMGP0940.jpg

The inner workings.

IMGP0939.jpg

And there you have it!

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks

Robert :)

Very sweet.

I used to be able to do all this stuff before I got into working life. Electronics and the like.

Jeez, just had t re-teach myself VBScript for my registrax batch processing files......

How you loose stuff you don't use regulary.

Very very nice work mate, you could sell them :)

Archived