Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3 questions with two Vixen Mounts

Hi all,

I have a Vixen Sphinx mount and a Vixen Skypod mount. Although I'm getting accustomed to both I have 3 issues I'd like some help with:

On the Vixen Sphinx:

1- Is there another Polar Scope for the Sphinx besides the extremely expensive Vixen one?

2- MOST IMPORTANT. On my othe rmounts, to do polar alignment, I'd loosen the DEC screw and rotate the Clamp until the hole on the main shaft shows up and lets us peek throught the polar scope. Well wuth my Sphinx it doesn't happen. The main shaft stays in a position which makes it impossible to peek through the polar scope. Now, I do this with the mount power off. Should I do it with the power on or is this another problem?

On the Skypod:

1- Since I have the Starbook from the Sphinx, I would like to know if I can use it on the Skypod instead of the Star Book S. There is a 9 pin socket on the Skypod that matches the Strabook cable jack....but I don't know if they're compatable or if even thet work. I've checked all the manuals and the Vixen siter and there is no info on this.

Does anyone know the answer?

thanks

Paulo

Hi Paulo,

I think the Vixen polarscope is the only one! expensive but very good.

Power on and using the hand controller rotate the DEC axis until the hole appears in the shaft then you can see through it.

I can't happily comment on the compatibility, but email Pete Gamby pete@opticron.co.uk at Opticron (Vixen suppliers in UK) he is very helpful and should be able to get you an answer.

All questions have been perfectly answered by Pete.

The mount needs to be with power on - everyone helped there.

The only polar scope that fits is the Vixen one - blumming expensive too!!!

The Skypod accepts the Starbook!!! Hurrah!!! But first we have to disconnect the Starbook S

Thanks everybody, you all here very helpful.

cheers,

paulo

Archived