NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepiece projection calc (Excel)

Uranium235

I thought this might be of some use. Im going to be having a go at eyepiece projection soon so Ive put together a little spreadsheet that calculates all of the magnification factors, focal lengths and ratios for eyepieces (25-8mm) and extention tubes (in steps of 15mm). Have also included the lengths when barlowed up to 2x and 4x.... though its highly unlikely that I would ever take it to a 32,625mm focal length....lol! - that would be for an 8mm EP, 95mm EP > CCD distance, Barlow 4x on a 750mm/150mm newt.

All you have to do it load it into Excel, input your values into only the red fields (your scope focal length, apeture and EP sizes), there is enough room for 6 EPs on the spreadsheet, and it will be handy for printing to A4 cards for quick reference (thats my plan for it anyways).

Unzip and open, printing is set up for landscape. ;)

Let me know if my maths are out so I can make modifications (and apologies!), im pretty sure its right tho ;)

Eyepiece projection calculator.zip

Archived