How to use Skywatcher EQ5 Refractor telescope

Hey there..i am a new stargazer and just got the skywatcher eq5 refractor telescope. Reviews said it was easy to use but i dont feel im getting the most out of it and have a lot to learn about the different settings and knobs. The manual is no help, believe me ive read it a couple times.

Does anyone know a good website other than blogs that goes in depth in the use of this telescope? PLease help

thanks

Hi - welcome to SGL !

What model is it ? - some one on here is bound to have one or have used one and will be glad to help. I've owned 100mm, 120mm and 150mm Skywatcher refractors myself - I still have the 150mm. The EQ mounts can be a bit bamboozing for newcomers to the hobby.

Hi and welcome,

There is a bit of a steep learning curve with the Equatorial mounts and your right the Skywatcher instructions are pants. Don't worry we've all been there, the 2 sites I found most helpful when getting started were - Astro-Baby Astronomy Website and Setting Up an Equatorial Mount - McWiki

It all takes a bit of time to get your head around everything but I'm sure you'll get there and SGL is great for helping you along the way. ;)

Cheers

Archived