NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Advice needed on Mintron cameras.

I need your advice.

Say I was going to insert a Minton 12v6 video camera into my focuser of a NON TRACKING Lightbridge 16" Dob would the output image have star trials my thoughts on this are....

My 28mm UWAN has a fov of 1.26° and takes an object a good 90 seconds to move across the fov. My thought was to just let the object move across the fov while recording it. And because the mintron updates it self there shouldn't be no trails as I haven't moved the scope.

Does anyone know the fov I would get if I done the above, what diameter eyepiece is this equal to, I doubt very much it will be a widefield fov.

I would think it depends on the sensitivity mode you use. If you use it at minimum sensitivity, it is the equivalent of taking 1/50 sec exposure. If you use it at maximum sensitivity, it stacks internally 128 (maybe 256 on your model) frames and then outputs the result of that stacking. So if the object has moved in your fov within than 2.56 (or 5.12) seconds, I would think it would show a trail.

Archived