Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible Faulty Swicth

Hi.

I have a Celestron C8 Deluxe,which i have had for about 8 years.Its been a great scope,and a real good buy.

However just recently i have been having great difficulty in powering up the scope using its on/off switch.I have to flip the swicth on an off a number of times before it comes to life.This is a hit and miss affair and will fail soon.

It is powered by a 12v mains transformer fed via a tip postive jack.I have contacted Celestron and they did,nt even bother to reply.D.Hinds could,nt help as they said this model is obsolete,and they dont carry spares.On revealing the electronics the switch is an integral part of a complex box of tricks,with no obvious solution.

Does anyone know of any repair facility that could help,as the asnswer cant be to discard a great scope because off a faulty swich.

At the moment the switch is live,so i power up by just pluging into the mains,but again this wont last.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards.

Mick

Archived