NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

nexremote software HELP !

Dear all,

i installed the nexremote software onto my desktop pc and updated the firmwire to 4.16 with no problems, it`s showing 4.16 version on the mount handset and the same on the desktop handset, now i have a laptop i decided to install all the software to the laptop, i`ve managed to install the nexremote software ok but i can`t for the life of me update the firmware version from 4.12 to 4.16 on the software handset on the laptop, i`ve tried setting the factory settings on the mount and tried to reinstall it all again but to no avail,

please help it`s driving me mad :)

I would try downloading the latest Nexremote from the Celestron web site support section, (It says 30 day trial but if you have a licensed previous version installed it wont expire). Then install it on your laptop. This will overwrite what you have at present on the laptop and may sort it.

Philj

downloaded the update via the Celestron website and it has updated the hc (handset) firmware version, hooray !

BUT, it has not updated the mc (motors) version to the latest in the pc software, does this matter as the latest version of the mc is in the mount handset already,

why is nothing simple, i hate technology, should i get my 9 year old to sort it out for me !!!! l.o.l.

still not working correctly, he is what i`ve done so far.

i have been using the nexremote software on a desktop pc for a while and updated the mount and pc software to versions hc 4.16 and mc 5.16 on both.

now i have a laptop i installed the nexremote disc onto it and it showed version hc 4.12 and mc 5.16, so i downloaded and installed the latest nexremote software and it shows version hc 4.16 on the laptop software which is great but version mc 4.03 and not 5.16.

how can i update the mc version to mc 5.16 on the software ? as it will not allow me to do any updates unless the mount is connected but when it is connected the mount updates but the software does not.

hope this makes some sense to you guys.

any help please, Rob

Archived