NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CAssiopeia and related DSO's

decoyp

Tried my hand at some wide field constellation stuff a few nights back. I picked Cassiopeia because its in a non light polluted part of the sky for me. I think I've picked up a few DSO's on the image from what I can make out ( I had to look up most of them). Just about got NGC281 (Pac man neb) NGC 7789 open cluster and M103 open cluster. There appear to be other DSO type objects there too which I'm not sure about. It has been another change to practice some image processing - I hope I'm getting to grips with it a bit more. Not a patch on some images done by you guys recently but I have to start somewhere. I hope you like it .

Info :- Canon 300d unmodded. 1.5 hours in 2.5 min subs. HEQ5 mount. Stacked and pre-processed using Nebulosity2. Post processed with photoshop CS (which I've only just got). I did about 10 darks too. No flats (I still dont know what to do with them).

As always, comments / criticisms welcome .

Cheers

Richard

post-17356-133877424601_thumb.jpg

From Astrometry.net

Your field contains:

* The constellation Cassiopeia (Cas)

* NGC 129

* NGC 281

* NGC 663

* NGC 7789

* NGC 7790

* The star Caph (βCas)

* The star Schedar (αCas)

* The star γCas

* The star Ruchbah (δCas)

* The star Navi (εCas)

* The star ηCas

* The star ζCas

* The star κCas

* The star θCas

* The star ÏCas

status.php?job=alpha-201002-83574297&get=const-overlay

Sorry, left out a few details there .....

I used a Canon 50mm prime lense at f3.2. ISO 400 .

"Pac Man Nebula? c'mon! I thought this was a serious, scientific interest. "

I don't understand the PACMAN nebula comment. Isn't that another name for NGC281 ?

Archived