NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Red laser pens

I think my answer will be.... Online

Where can I but a red laser pen or right light tourch (so I don't loose nite vision)

Due to poor prep I would like one tonight. Live near trafford centre. Just lost for where I could get one??? If it's online then so be it

Cheers

Teddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erm, you sure you meant laser?

Not much you can read using one, the best you can do with it is use it to show other people where in the sky you are looking at.

If you meant a red light torch then they are easy to pick on an astronomy shop: Torches

PS-> using red nail varnish on a regular white one also works nice. I have one modified this way. it haves a magnet and i stick it under the focuser so I can read/change EPs hands free.

That's why I use this site... Top ideas. Not got a bike so goin for the nail varnish as my bird has loads ... And to think I moan at her when buying that sort of sh-t lol

Cheers

PS-> using red nail varnish on a regular white one also works nice

Indeed it does. But a "hands free" solution is best. You can pick up a headlight torch from most DIY stores. Most brands come with both white and red LED bulbs. This gives you 2 hands to work with. They cost about £20

That's why I use this site... Top ideas. Not got a bike so goin for the nail varnish as my bird has loads ... And to think I moan at her when buying that sort of sh-t lol

Cheers

Yep, my wife's varnish was a red with a slight pink to it... goes just nice with my eyepatch... ;):)

Not sure I will have a missus luke if I go for the handsfree option. I look a right tit as it is Lol. Good idea and I prob will get one. 20 quid ain't to bad is it .

Ps... Picture this.... Eye patch , glasses , minors helmet .etc what a site!! Sex on a stick!!

Not sure I will have a missus luke if I go for the handsfree option. I look a right tit as it is Lol. Good idea and I prob will get one. 20 quid ain't to bad is it .

Ps... Picture this.... Eye patch , glasses , minors helmet .etc what a site!! Sex on a stick!!

Yep thats me on a night in the garden.......head torch, eye patch over my left eye. I have not tried putting a towel over my head yet to block out stray light. I'm gonna try a shroud fitted to my 130P first before i take to wearing a towel on my head.

So many people (astronomers) think people (other astronomers) that wear an eye patch are either joking or are a sandwhich short of a picnic..................but the eye patch REALLY works. It allows your non-observing eye to remain open and relaxed while observing and also blocks out stray light into that eye that your brain will see and compute.

Obviously if observing with bins you do not need to wear an eye patch.

minors helmet

Now there is an idea.You never know when a meteorite is gonna hit you on the head.

Archived