NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Best scope for DSO photography

I have the a 5" newtonian with 650mm focal length and a 4" celestron wide view with 500mm focal length (purchased for future use as a guide scope). I am looking for a good scope to take pics priamrily images of DSO objects.

I will also primarily been in London, so wondering it is actually worht me investing in another scope. Took pics of the moon with the wide view, and found some serious chromatic abberation. Would filters suffice???

Pretty nice pic there riogrande100. The light pollution will certainly be a big influence on what scope you pick for DSO imaging - it might be that it's better to have a portable set up that you can take out of London, if that will work for you.

Sam

Thanks Sam,

I think i'm going modify my existing scope with a Baader fringe filter, and some light pollution filters. As the filters can be reused when i outgrow this scope.

I think with better polar alignment or guiding i can get some nice shots even in light polluted London.

Archived