NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M45: Re-processed and thanks...

TakMan

Firstly a big thank you to all those that have offered help and advice, both in my 'help with flats' thread and the original 'M45'....

I have used slightly longer flats from a later session in the garage(!) - not quite aligned by a degree or so (as the camera had moved), but these slower exposures of 1.3 seconds with the Electro-luminescent Panel are certainly better than the 65 milli second ones that I had originally utilised!

I have also taken the opportunity (whilst the weather is so poor) of adding a second sheet of perspex to the panel. This is held with 4 large bulldog clips so I can insert additional sheets of A4 paper between the perspex sheets to get exposures of around 2.5 seconds depending on how the scope is configured - this should hopefully alleviate any uneven exposures that I experienced previously.... we'll see....

Rob H has also been a big help by explaining that when I use the Hutech LPF, I need to extend my exposure times by 1/4-1/3 to make up for the loss in transmission - so the 5 minute subs used here (38 of 'em) really only correspond to 3 1/2 minute exposures....

Therefore, when I next have a go at trying an 'Olly' 10 minute exposure (as he suggested in his own take of M45), I must remember to add an extra 3 minutes or so, or perhaps just have a go without the filter....

Olly to has been an added source of inspiration - as he uses a similar scope but with better skies(!) and more talent.... I have tried to use his fantastic shot of M45 as my reference point (I'm building up quite a library now :) ) - but in trying to 'match' his shot I have had to stretch mine beyond its threshold....

Still, pretty pleased with the result - things can only get better as they say....;)

Clear skies

Damian

post-16760-133877422925_thumb.jpg

Looks like you've done a nice job from here mate. This is one of those that I would really like to spend a little time on when i get my setup running.

Lets hope i can get half as good a piccie as this and i'll be happy.

Archived