Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dilemma - Help Me Spend Some Money

I have a Nexstar8GPS and have just ordered an Orbit Wedge with the astrotrac polar scope. With the remainder of my budget I was going to get an autoguiding system consisting of an ST80 piggybacked on the NS8GPS and a QHY5 as the guide camera or an Orion Optics US Refractor & Starshoot Guider combo. However, as both of these appear to require Windows and it dosen't look like there will be any Mac drivers / PHD support on the Mac it looks like this idea is a none starter (parallels / bootcamp are not really an option for capture & guiding at the same time).

So on to Plan B.

Should I get a flash upgradeable Handset and update cables for the NS8GPS and an illuminated reticule eyepiece?

OR

A starlight Instruments Feather Touch Microfocuser (Starlight Instruments Feathertouch Microfocuser Celestron CPC800 & NexStar 6SE 8SE) and an illuminated reticule eyepiece?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated as I would like them all but my budget won't allow that so I need to work out which will be of most use to me.

Regards

Darren

Archived