NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Collimating Video

Being from a technical background myself, I know with a lot of tutorials that those making them regularly tend to use terminology and abbreviations that are second nature to experts but can leave newbies confused. Being a telescope newbie and being in what my wife calls 'sponge mode' at the moment (she says when reading something of interest my face changes and I'm somewhere else, like a sponge sucking information in!) Anyway, I found this video that is by far the best one I came across, (and I looked at a lot!) for how to laser collimate, an added benefit of this one is it's one of the few astronomy videos I've seen where the guy doesn't sound like a geography teacher!

Went to Grenwich observatory fairly recently, did the planetarium thing and the guys voice sent me to sleep! My wife says it was quite good too!

Archived