Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TAL 6" reflector

having not physically compaired the TAL 150p with the other 6" reflector out there such as the skywatcher and orion brands, can somebody tell me how they fare in their own opinion?

i only ask out of interest and the fact that sky at night magazine are running a 6"reflector on EQ best buy in the next edition and i want to get your views before the mag runs.

thanks for humouring me in what seems to be an oddball request :)

Regards,

Nick

would most likely stick with the TAL anyway but was just after personal input from here before the group test in next months edition just to see how impartial the magazine is, after all sir patric moore has endorsed the skywatcher brand and orion claim to have already claimed the top slot on their web page.

i think the upcoming group test is going to be most interesting.

I had the 2M version which was, to be honest, one of the best scopes I have ever owned. I traded it in for a SW ST102 as I didn't need two 6" reflectors at that time.

I'd have another one in an instant if the right offer came along.

Lovely clear crisp images. Worked well with any EP, but especially good with Tal 40mm, 25mm and x2 Barlow.

The OTA is manageable, but has a fairly long focal length so gives good mags with EPs and, IIRC, it's something like an f8, so a good 'medium speed.'

The Tal motorised mount is fairly noisey when starting up, but I have kept the moon dead centre for near enough 10 mins (well, with a tiny bit of drifting), in fact I still use a Tal motorised mount with my current reflector.

All in all, an excellent scope. Might be slightly more expensive than it's competitors, but it's worth the extra.

have you managed to compare it along side the likes of the skywatcher or the orion, it would be great if i could gather opinions and personal reviews before the next edition is released.

cheers,

Regards,

Nick

Archived