Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Maxim DL Pro and Pinpoint problems

I have my copy of MaximDL 4.62 and have downloaded the GSC 1.1 ( Corrected) file and that's stored on my local HD.

I'm having problems getting Maxim to sync correctly though to the EQ6.

As I understand it this is what you do..although I may be wrong...

1. Maxim All connected to scope and camera
  2. Use the Maxim Catalog to slew to an object
  3. Take a 2 min exposure
  4. Run Pinpoint to solve the stars in the exposure taken.
  5. Sync Maxim to the new SOLVED position once Pinpoint has completed.
  6. that's it..

I do this, but after solving the image I select a new object to slew too and Maxim slews ok but the object I have selected is not central, if there at all sometimes.....

If I right click on a FITS image taken, I can select a star or an object and select " Move scope to here" or something similar to that. The scope slews but the thing I wanted it to slew to is nowhere to be seen.

I was under the impression that the PinPoint and the GSC gave a fairly accurate location to MAxim once a pic had been resolved, why then when I slew to another object, say M42 which is really bright, does it not slew directly to it?

And yes, I have done an alignment and it is polar aligned correctly too.

Any help?

I've had this happen too, and I accidentally solved it somehow, but not sure how :D

I used it with polealignmax to align my mount. The next time I tried it was 6 months later, and couldn't get it to work :)

It was the syncing problem that I was running into all the time....I couldn't figure out if I should sync in maxim, or slew using may planetarium software and sync the scope with that.

Steve L has used it successfully I think.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Cheers

Rob

Archived