Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SC1 webcam Help needed please

I recently sent my Philips SPC900NC webcam off to Astronomiser to have the SC1 modification done.

I got the camera back today and noticed that it has an extra cable with some kind of parallel connector as well as the usb, I dont know the first thing about the SC1 mod and have only used the webcam before this to take planetary avi videos.

Really need some help, I do have K3CCD tools version 1.

do I need to use the usb connection for LX mode?

My laptop does not have a parallel port but does have a serial port, I would like to know how to connect it to my laptop and help to use it, is there some kind of converter I need to get? Cheers, Paul.

Paul, I used to have one of these.....from memory, the usb cable is sufficient for normal avi capture but for LX you must connect the other cable to a parallel port or if you don't have a parallel port, buy a parallel to usb cable which comes with a driver. You can get one of these from Astronomiser and would recommend you call Andy Ellis if you have any other set up questions.

Ian S.

Archived