SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

S.P.O.G. meetings in 2010

DavidB

Will there be anything set up this year? I would love to meet enthusiasts and learn as much as possible as quickly as possible - and maybe sink a few pints at the same time. Oh yes, and look at the sky

I'll be there and look forward to meeting you both. I am still grinning after monday's session: variable stars, Cassiopeia open clusters, Orion nebula, polar cap on mars, lunar mountains. The ice had to be chipped off afterwards it was that cold!

Curse this snow. I will read this thread before starting out on Friday to see whether anyone else can get through to Tilshead.

We have about two inches here near Warminster on Wednesday at 14:15.

David - do give me a call if in doubt - think you have my mobile - if not PM me and i will send it to you :)

Jon

Thanks Jon. Since buying my scope in October I have been dogged with bad luck with clouds, snow, ice etc and have not met anyone to discuss stargazing. I was looking forward to tomorrow night and meeting "spoggers".

However the roads between Chitterne and Tilshead willl be atrocious and I now have a big sneezey cold or chill. Perhaps I should not have gone out the other night for quite so long. If I feel better than now I will be there. I do have your mobile so will contact you. Many thanks.

David B.

Definitely count me in for the Mars observing session. I have become obsessed with that planet as all I have seen up to now is a small reddish disc using a 9mm EP in my NexStar 130 reflector. Facing the wrath of a good woman I bought and took possession of the Celestron eyepiece and filter kit yesterday in the hope that things might improve (astronomy wise, not marriage wise). It would be great - but probably unwise - to see what results others get through their (probably much more expensive) scopes.

Will it be at the Red Lion, Tilshead?

DavidB

Archived