NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Northern Optics

JimBobs63

Hi,

Just bought my first scope - a Black Diamond SW 150P OTA - via ebay/PayPal from Northern Optics. I purchased it Monday evening and received it today (Wednesday).

Great service! Perfect!!

Happy New Year,

Jim

PS - Sorry about the cloudy skies / rain - my fault!! :hello2:

• Like 1

• 10 years later...

I have known of this company for several years but never really looked at them in detail. Having got the impression the were more into nature optics than night sky equipment.
I purchased a 2" prism diagonal. I had been looking for an affordable diagonal for a trial on a scope. Not having proof it was worth me spending Baader type money.
I settled on an Ostara diagonal.

The order was placed as a result of online searching in the evening. There was an immediate (probably automated) order acknowledgement email.
Next morning, Thursday 10am, another email told the order had been packed and sent to the carrier.
By 330pm I had an email with a carrier name and tracking number. Full marks for keeping me informed.
Friday lunchime the parcel was delivered.

When I received the parcel I thought it was a bit odd. The box was quite large and heavy. Have they accidentlly sent me nice ED scope or some good quality binos 🤔😁
Would they want them back? As it happens the diagonal was in there - well packed mainly using cardboard.
The extra weight was made up of Hawke, Viking and OVL catalogues. It thought this a nice touch.
Very often looking at kit online, it difficult to compare - even if you print the pages.

I would certainly look at buying from this company again. Given their distance from me, I wonder now why I have never visited them.

DSCF1191.JPG

• Like 1

• Ibbo! locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Was fed up of being a contortionist trying to polar align, so I bought a Skywatcher 90 degree  Polar scope.

Great bit of kit which comes highly recommended. So simple and effective to use.

Northern Optics service was Brilliant. Great communications and free delivery. The item came less than 24 hrs after ordering

Big thank you to Nigel. 👍

• Like 1

• Ibbo! locked this topic