Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron X-Cel ep's any good over SW base issue?

I'm considering upgrading the eyepieces that came with my SW 127 Mak and after considerable reading around have spotted the X-Cel's. Anyone tried them? I've only ever used the ep's that came with this scope - they don't say what type they are other than fl - and I think the view in them is rather poor. I'm looking for a decent improvement without breaking the bank - £60 to £80 per ep tops.

Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

Here is a review of the X-Cel range:

http://www.skynewsmagazine.com/PDFs/Review_PDFs/celestronxcel.pdf

The reviewer clearly thought they were OK.

For your budget you could get the Baader Genuine Orthoscopics which are top notch performers - better than the x-cels I'm sure. Depends whether you need long eyerelief that the x-cels deliver.

There are quite a lot of other options in that price bracket so I would read around a bit and see what other feedback you get before deciding.

Here is a review of the X-Cel range:

http://www.skynewsmagazine.com/PDFs/Review_PDFs/celestronxcel.pdf

The reviewer clearly thought they were OK.

For your budget you could get the Baader Genuine Orthoscopics which are top notch performers - better than the x-cels I'm sure. Depends whether you need long eyerelief that the x-cels deliver.

There are quite a lot of other options in that price bracket so I would read around a bit and see what other feedback you get before deciding.

Okay thanks. Yes, I did consider the Baader's but I'm not too sure how I will get on with the reduced eye relief. I may just get the one ep (10 mm) and see how I get on with it.

Archived