Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light and First Moon for 35 Years

Bizibilder

I Finally have the Observatory up and running!! This is my first drawing of the Moon for 35 years - Its pretty much a brief sketch done in somewhat non-ideal conditions - still I hope its the first of many.

200P at 200x mag Seeing slightly hazy. 28.12.2009 17.00 GMT

post-17157-133877417352_thumb.jpg

I've just spent another hour freezing outside to do a sketch of Schiller - I'm just "refining" it now, if that is what you call redrawing it from rough sketches and scribbled notes.

Why 35 years? Well I got interested in my teens (late 60's early 70's - something to do with a chap called Armstrong....) and then lost interest - I had made a 6" reflector, including the mirror, but lived in west London 5 miles from Heathrow all I ever saw was lights, lights and more lights!!!!

Now I'm in Norfolk with reasonable skies (mag 5 on a good night after the neighbours have gone to bed!) I've started up again.

Archived