Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quick M42 and running man from last night

jonathancd

Just though I would share my first image since late October due to a mixture of work and poor weather.

I could not resist having another go at M42 as it was on of my first DSO targets when I started DSO imaging about a year ago. I was amazed how much more red was visible now I have a modded camera.

Relatively short with 30 60 second subs and 10 darks. I used the combination of the ED120 and a williamoptics 0.8 field flattener. It work really well and the image only needed really minor croping.

Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker with just a few tweaks of curves and levels in photoshop 6.

Hope you like it.

Jonathan

Equinox 80

ED120

Vixen Sphinx

Hutech modded 300D

post-14341-133877416045_thumb.jpg

Looks like you have a lot of data there. Two things to think about.

- it is very red, which seems to be par for the course with modded DSLRs, though I bet the green and blue data is in there...

- How did you combine the exposure lengths? To my mind there isn't enough of a difference between 30 and 60 secs for the dynamic range of the target. I used 10, 25, 50 and 300 sec exposures in my own attempt. I could send you a How To on Layer masking if you were interested. Just send me a PM if you are.

Olly

Archived