NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

It never rains unless it snows...

robneath

Having received my Moonlite focuser , fitted it and the sky was clear (!!!!) , decided to setup and observe for a while. setup went fine, whilst allowing to cool couldn't resist a peek at jupiter. Put in 20mm and got a good view - Io was on the west of jupiter, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto on the East. Saw some detail as I managed to get my view at about 17:00 UT so it was realtively high. went inside and had some food.

As luck would have it various things distracted me, but by 20:30 back out to scope - hmmm , scope now covered in a thin layer of snow. decided a quick look at orion (M42) was in order - nice view . Was going to look at more but , nasty cloud looming so packed up.

Seems you cant win with the UK weather, scope in warm defrosting atm. will say this though the moonlite didnt grumble at all - smooth as silk.

Archived