NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7000 / IC5070 (RGB + Ha)

Euan

Hi folks,

Tried to blend a measly hour of RGB from the QHY8 with 3 hours of Ha data from last week. Ha replaces the red channel

It's my first attempt with Registar, I'm still not sure about it as I seem to have lost loads of detail in the Ha maybe because the SNR of the G&B isn't quite there yet

The spikes are from Starspikes pro, it will probably not suit some people but I like it :)

Thanks

Euan

I didn't see the original version but this one is is full of nebulosity - excellent. I have used Noel's Starspikes pro software in trial version and the full version is on my Christmas wish list and I think that artificial spikes applied sympathetically can 'lift' an image but their over-use can devalue the real data too. You have got the balance about right here.

Thats better!!!! I wasn`t being over critical i just though it was a bit overdone....no offence:o

Alan:)

Don't worry, you were totally right :icon_eek:

It's one of those one's where I've been looking at it for too long and it's only when you leave it for a while and go back to it you think, whoops!! :)

Archived