Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

oops that was close

tinvek

came home from work about 6.15am, nice clear sky so despite feeling a bit under the weather i got the dobs out along with a couple of eyepieces and a barlow and had a nice look at mars, saturn and the moon. took endcap off and placed it on car bonnet, inner side up to stop any dirt attaching and then detaching and falling into the scope, before placing other caps on it.

about 7am i'm really getting tired so take eyepieces inside and then put finder scope caps and focusser blank on, finally i go to put scope end cap on (i like to have caps on whilst moving it incase anything gets inside, take them off for a while inside to avoid condensation etc) .

as i pick the cap up there's a funny niggling feeling at the back of my mind and just as i start to invert it over the tube i remember, i've taken the eyepieces in but where's the barlow? luckily i stopped just in time to grab the barlow before it rolled off the cap into the tube !!!!!:)

hearts just beginning to settle down now :icon_eek:

well once again it's shown me that i should stick to my instincts, i didn't feel like doing any observing but i made my self, despite feeling rather sluggish, as it seemed a pity to waste a nice lcear morning with no wind. from now on if i don't feel boundless enthusiasm i won't be going out even if the moon has split into pieces and they're doing this

YouTube - Crazy Dancing Triangles

Archived