NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Unimap - help needed to test it

Hi,

I started a project on my own sometime ago mainly to do the automated detection and catalog matching (even in low quality/amateur imaging). Meanwhile, I added all kind of futures to it, such as: to show the asteroids or artificial earth satellites passing through at the time the picture was taken, image tagging, instruments control, resource management, online collaboration etc.

You can check my project at: UniMap - tool used for star identification in astrophotography

I am almost ready to release it in a pre-alpha version, however I need some help to test it as well as to see how it behaves in different environments (I implemented it on windows xp). Also, there is still work to be done to improve the user interface and optimize the performace.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Larry

I forgot to mention that I wrote the code in c++/wxwidgets (that means it can be compiled on other platforms such as liux/mac/etc) so if anyone is interested in a linux release please let me know and I will attempt to create a release for that as well. Most functionality will work except for the digital cameras interface which is for the moment is windows only.

• 2 months later...

Hi Nick,

Yes, I finished the unicode conversion - there is only on routine to be optimize left. In the process I found a bunch of bugs and out of these 2 are left to be fixed. Also I decided to improve a little the interface as the initial functionality was a bit unclear and I am almost done with this as well. So, yes I am making a little progress every day ... just it takes longer then expected and I keep finding small problems there and there :headbang:

Larry

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived