NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

300p + EQ6 Height?

Theninjagecko

Just wondering on the height of these two? when the ota is horizontal to the ground but mounted onto the eq6?

I'm planning on making a small obsy to store the scope in but need to know how big to make it.

Im yet to still order my rings, dovetail and mount, thus why im asking.

Just wondering on the height of these two? when the ota is horizontal to the ground but mounted onto the eq6?

I'm planning on making a small obsy to store the scope in but need to know how big to make it.

Im yet to still order my rings, dovetail and mount, thus why im asking.

A quick measure of my EQ6 indicates that, with the tube horizontal, the height to the top of the tube will be around 1200mm. That's with the tripod in the lowest position. You probably wouldn't want it much higher than that with a 300P to keep the eyepiece height reasonable at all positions. However, if you are going to use it in an obsy, then it will probably be necessary to make the walls a reasonable height and then steps will become necessary. Then the spread of the legs becomes an issue - difficult to move around in the dark in the confines of an obsy and not fall over it. Probably better to pier mount it in that case to keep the obsy as neat as possible.

A quick measure of my EQ6 indicates that, with the tube horizontal, the height to the top of the tube will be around 1200mm. That's with the tripod in the lowest position. You probably wouldn't want it much higher than that with a 300P to keep the eyepiece height reasonable at all positions. However, if you are going to use it in an obsy, then it will probably be necessary to make the walls a reasonable height and then steps will become necessary. Then the spread of the legs becomes an issue - difficult to move around in the dark in the confines of an obsy and not fall over it. Probably better to pier mount it in that case to keep the obsy as neat as possible.

Whts the span of the legs at lowest position? Thansk for the measurements, i thought it would have been much taller.

Archived