NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Interesting

vlebo

Just had a look at Nasa's website and can't seem to find anything.

I don't know about everyone else but I find this really exciting and if it's proven I can tick off one of the questions I had hoped would be answered in my lifetime.

Forever the optimist

Vlebo

Isn't this fairly old?

I seem to recall Bill Clinton making a huge announcement about it during his term of office. It was found in a metor that had been discovered in the Antartic ice, but it turned out they couldn't rule out contamination whilst on Earth.

Yes, but if you read the second link Nasa have had another look at it with a high resolution electron microscope they never had 13 years ago and now think it may be fossilised Martian microbacteria 16 million years old.

That is interesting but I strongly suspect terrestrial contamination. What is also interesting, but only quite interesting, is that part of the the Nakhla meteorite is reputed to have hit a dog when it fell in Egypt in 1911. Here is the proof :icon_eek::

post-12764-133877412697_thumb.jpg

I read something about this on the radio, but it was about a week ago, why would those two papers only pick up on it today!? I got the impression from the radio story it was a re-examination of the same rock, just as vlebo says. Yet that was all I heard about it. For something so big it doesn't seem to be generating much interest. Maybe there have been too many false alarms.

After the fuss that was made years ago over a possible bacteria in rock from mars, i would expect alot more press coverage on this one, this is the first ive heard about it, i would say the story is probably exagerated somewhat

Archived