NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Alignments - Narrow Field of View

johnb

Hi

I do struggle to undertake the required alignments as from the garden I have quite a narrow view

Around 280 to 350 Deg

For Polar alignment I orientate the mount to point north and I have an elevation of 51Deg

If im not out to late I can align with Vega (although if im to late it’s behind a damm tree), but I do struggle for a second star – I’m sure im not the only person to have such issues and feedback really would be appreciated.

Regards

John Berman

Err Wrong Forum - Cant move it ?

Deneb should be higher the vega.

You also have Altair after sunset, a bit later, coming from the East, Aldebaran, Beteljeuse, Rigel, Cappela, Castor an Pullox. Most of these should be pretty high after 10/11pm.

My understanding of the original post is that they can only see the section of sky between 280 and 350 degrees, so they are unable to see any of those brighter stars. Sorry I don't have any experience of goto so haven't done any of that bright star aligning.

Archived