Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GCSE in astronomy

Teddy

As i am new to this hobby i was thinking "why dont i learn with some structure and also get something like a qualification out of it"

So has anyone done a GCSE in it and as i work have two kids and do all sorts of other stuff :headbang::eek:, is there a GCSE i can do from home. online etc.

If anyone has i would love to hear from them. If anyone knows of the best sites and ways to do this.

Thanks in advance :D

Teddy

I did one of the OU courses a number of years back, it was S281 (now updated to S282). I found it very interesting, a good introduction to stars, planets and galaxies, their evolution and composition. You get supplied with books and there are TV programmes to watch, and you have to submit assignments, and sometimes there's an exam. Nowadays I think a lot of their courses include more computer-based learning. You get a tutor who you can correspond with, and there's sometimes an option to go to local tutorials.

One of my brothers has also done one or two of the OU's 10-point courses; these are short "tasters", useful introductions if you're not sure whether you've really got the time to study properly.

Archived