NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pulsar Berlebach tripod for EQ5

mike bacanin

This comment was based on a dimension given to me on the phone by another company, but when i now look at photos of the berlebach tripod i'm not so sure that the dimension of 94mm is correct.

I'll be able to check when i pick up a GP head today.

sorry for any possible misinformation

Mike

Hi Mike

The description of the mount that they have sent one with Vixen SXW mount fitting. you can bolt an Orion optics pedestal Vixen GP mount plate to the berlebach but its not Ideal I know it worked with mine.

Thought I would say I have not used it much.

I would get on to Pulsar and ask for an exchange.

Best regards

Ivor

Firstly, my apologies for getting this wrong!

Having just collected the GP Vixen mount,the boss on the underneath of the base will fit the hole size of the Pulsar Berlebach EQ5/GP tripod, which is 60mm.

The confusion is due to the 94mm measurement given to me,actually being the diameter of the Vixen pedestal adapter, and not the mount boss itself.

Again sorry for the mix up!

btw, i havent actually bought the tripod yet.

Mike

Hi Mike

The description of the mount that they have sent one with Vixen SXW mount fitting. you can bolt an Orion optics pedestal Vixen GP mount plate to the berlebach but its not Ideal I know it worked with mine.

Thought I would say I have not used it much.

I would get on to Pulsar and ask for an exchange.

Best regards

Ivor

Ivor,

I'm not sure what you mean, did you order a EQ5 Berlebach and receive a SXW fit instead?

if so which of the berlebach's on pulsar's website was it?

none of their desxcriptions seems to mention SXW.

Mike

Hi Mike.

No I bought mine Berlebach Uni 18K heavy duty secondhand it was a SXW fitting but changed my mind and mounted the SXW on a pier so I decided that I would like to use it with my EQ5 on the Berlebach, but as you know the mounts are of significantly different size, so I bought a Vixen GP pier top adaptor and fastened that to the SXW plate on the Berlebach to accept the EQ5 this is not ideal as I had to also get a longer central securing bolt.

Well, i ordered the Berlebach from Pulsar yesterday,for next day delivery, to be told about 3 hours later that the item was not in stock!

I then asked if i could have the shorter leg version. Here comes the interesting bit, She said they had the legs but not the tripod top!

I cancelled at that point.

But i thouight after, it cannot be a Berlebach tripod top, because it would be supplied complete from Berlebach.

the website photo shows the tripod with what to me looks likle the correct top.

something strange going on,and i have to say, the same old story with this company.

Mike

Archived