NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Brief session 8/11/2009

robneath

As this was the first clear night for awhile I thought I'd chance my arm. After PA and cooling had a look at Jupiter - got a nice view using the 9 mm - saw the equatorial bands and some other details - just 3 moons visible. Scanned the sky with bins to see what was about - saw M103 in Cass, M31 - big splodge but visible - lots of silly noises made :). Pleidaes and Hyades were viewable. Tried looking with the scope in Auriga for M38 and M36. Saw M38 at x60, then general murk spoiled the fun.

At least I learnt how to find M31 via Cass and Pegasus, pity viewing conditions were not that good. Being good Imade some notes as well, useful for further sessions :icon_eek:

Thanks for sharing. The 1st time I looked for M31 toke me a while to find it. Once you find it a few times you get the hang of it and just becomes easier and easier.

Hope you get better observing conditions soon.

Paulo

Archived